Page 210 of 534 FirstFirst ... 110160200208209210211212220260310 ... LastLast
Results 2,091 to 2,100 of 5333

Thread: Guayadeque Music Player Test request

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Re: Guayadeque Music Player Test request

Quote Originally Posted by last1 View Post
    Is there any documentation on how to actually do these things? I'd like to set a few KDE global shortcuts to control it and a multimedia key or two, but there doesn't seem to be a help file, man page, or wiki of any kind that would tell me how to do this.
    The names may differ a bit as I translated them freely from Finnish but here goes:

Open System settings -> Go to Input actions -> right click on the left list -> choose New => Global hotkey => D-BUS command (see first screenshot)

For Trigger click on the button and then push the desired multimedia key on your keyboard. Now fill in the information like in the second screenshot. You can find the list of the commands in in this post and here.

1) org.mpris.guayadeque
    2) /Player
    3) org.freedesktop.MediaPlayer.<action, for example Pause>
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Guayadeque, a great music player. Fast and lightweight!
    Project home ~ Feature requests ~ PPA
    [/CENTER]

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

anonbeat,

using pause through MPRIS doesn't seem to work right. The command pauses playback ok but doesn't unpause it when a new Pause command is sent. According to this, it should:

Pause

If playing : pause. If paused : unpause
    After sending the Pause command through MPRIS an odd thing happens: when playback is paused by using the Play/Pause button in the application and then unpaused using the same button, playback starts from the beginning of the track instead of restoring playback.

Using SVN version 906.
    Guayadeque, a great music player. Fast and lightweight!
    Project home ~ Feature requests ~ PPA
    [/CENTER]

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by Lysias View Post
    anonbeat,

using pause through MPRIS doesn't seem to work right. The command pauses playback ok but doesn't unpause it when a new Pause command is sent. According to this, it should:

After sending the Pause command through MPRIS an odd thing happens: when playback is paused by using the Play/Pause button in the application and then unpaused using the same button, playback starts from the beginning of the track instead of restoring playback.

Using SVN version 906.
    This should be fixed in next svn update.

Beans

Well, crap. The one time in recent days when I run Guayadeque from the applications menu instead of gdb I get the crash again after the skipping though tracks and "resource not found" messages. Oh well, at least now I know it wasn't a fluke and I'll get that backtrace eventually.
    Also, it's not a big deal, but I have a request about the behavior of the VU meters. As it is now, when playing a mono track (many podcasts, all of the old radio shows I listen to), only the left meter moves, although sound comes through both channels. I think it would be better to have both meters move the same. I'm old enough to have owned hardware with physical VU meters, and when I see only one moving it's a little distracting. Part of my brain thinks a cable is loose somewhere or something.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by anonbeat View Post
    I dont mind to change it but my graphics skills are not enought to do something like this. Sorry.
    Perhaps the icon-creator is available for doing some more artwork for guayadeque?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Nau I see wat U deed der!

Remember that I was asking about native file names for podcasts?
    For the hell of it I could not figure out what exactly was format of the filename. I finally took a peek into code.
    Juicy, gPodder and foobar's extension use native format for filenames. So far I found out only Gque and Miro did it's own thing with names.

Code:
     wxFileName PodcastFile = wxFileName( m_PodcastsPath + wxT( "/" ) +
                                                PodcastItem->m_Channel + wxT( "/" ) +
                                                Uri.GetPath().AfterLast( wxT( '/' ) ) );
    This line is deleted and it works for me as it should now. It's useless for me as 1. episodes are numbered, 2 usually have date in filename already.
    Code:
    PodcastTime.Format( wxT( "%Y%m%d%H%M%S-" ) ) +
    I haven't looked deeper into the code if it doesn't f*ck up rest, but all seems to be working as it should.
    Don't hold me on this, but xml parsing annoys me too ( I wonder if I'll have time and will to do this).

Every time I boot in, first thing to do is issue
    Code:
    svn update && make && sudo make install
    None! I say no app made me stay on latest releases, bleeding edge.
    Good sheit as they say in ghetto america .

One request.
    Button Randomize is rendered a bit useless for now by Playlists. Either people can order songs within playlist itself or just set randomized one. It's mine perspective at least.
    What I'm thinking about is giving option to change behavior of this button by user choosing from few functions.
    1. Present one, randomizing playlist ( nowplaying one).
    2. Adding random album/track which would depend on option chosen in Playback tab.
    3. Maybe add more songs in Smart mode.

Cheers
    Last edited by h!v; April 11th, 2010 at 05:08 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by mb_3000 View Post
    Quick question. is there a way to browse the library by album artist instead of by artist?
    I have a lot of compilations and having hundreds and hundreds of artists with just 1 song isn't really that pretty.
    the only linux player I know handles compilations well is amarok but I hate it.
    thanks
    Yes - good idea! Same problem I have. This would be great to add another
    browsing possibility with AlbumArtist. Currenty you have:
    Labels
    Genres
    Artist
    Album
    Years
    Ratings
    Playcounts

I made an entry to the IdeaTorrent: https://sourceforge.net/apps/ideator...rrent/idea/35/

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by h!v View Post
    Nau I see wat U deed der!

Remember that I was asking about native file names for podcasts?
    For the hell of it I could not figure out what exactly was format of the filename. I finally took a peek into code.
    Juicy, gPodder and foobar's extension use native format for filenames. So far I found out only Gque and Miro did it's own thing with names.

Code:
     wxFileName PodcastFile = wxFileName( m_PodcastsPath + wxT( "/" ) +
                                                PodcastItem->m_Channel + wxT( "/" ) +
                                                Uri.GetPath().AfterLast( wxT( '/' ) ) );
    This line is deleted and it works for me as it should now. It's useless for me as 1. episodes are numbered, 2 usually have date in filename already.
    Code:
    PodcastTime.Format( wxT( "%Y%m%d%H%M%S-" ) ) +
    I haven't looked deeper into the code if it doesn't f*ck up rest, but all seems to be working as it should.
    Don't hold me on this, but xml parsing annoys me too ( I wonder if I'll have time and will to do this).

Every time I boot in, first thing to do is issue
    Code:
    svn update && make && sudo make install
    None! I say no app made me stay on latest releases, bleeding edge.
    Good sheit as they say in ghetto america .

One request.
    Button Randomize is rendered a bit useless for now by Playlists. Either people can order songs within playlist itself or just set randomized one. It's mine perspective at least.
    What I'm thinking about is giving option to change behavior of this button by user choosing from few functions.
    1. Present one, randomizing playlist ( nowplaying one).
    2. Adding random album/track which would depend on option chosen in Playback tab.
    3. Maybe add more songs in Smart mode.

Cheers
    I think I will keep the datetime in the name as not all podcast providers give unique names to the files. And I want to have the posibility to keep recordings even when there are not available from the provider. And I found some providers that used the same filename quite often.

Randomize is just to randomize a playlist. You add for example the tracks from an artist and want to listen to them with a random order. Thats it! its a simple way to randomize the playlist.

All the rest is given in different ways using preferences options or using playlists.

As alwasy Thank you very much for your help

Beans
    Hidden!

Some other little bugs:

1) When the playing queue is cleared, last playing song info remains written in the playing control element (I dont know how you call it), while it should be cleared too.

2) When a track finishes and begins another, informations in playing control element and notification by desktop appear in the last 5 seconds of the finishing song, while they should appear when the next song begins. See screenshot.

3) Not really a bug, but in the album browser I think it would be better not to show any icon when there is no album. See screenshot.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by genesys87 View Post
    Some other little bugs:

1) When the playing queue is cleared, last playing song info remains written in the playing control element (I dont know how you call it), while it should be cleared too.

2) When a track finishes and begins another, informations in playing control element and notification by desktop appear in the last 5 seconds of the finishing song, while they should appear when the next song begins. See screenshot.

3) Not really a bug, but in the album browser I think it would be better not to show any icon when there is no album. See screenshot.
    1) You are clearing the playlist and not the current playing track. I dont see why It should be cleared. If you hit play it is the track that will be played.

2) You are right. Trying to fix the radio recording I did several tests and included in the playback engine a 5 secs buffer that did this behaivour. I have removed it .

3) I have made it to dont show any image.

Thank you very much for your help

Page 210 of 534 FirstFirst ... 110160200208209210211212220260310 ... LastLast