Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Virtual Bridge - Time to Connect

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Virtual Bridge - Time to Connect

Your IP of the host is actually 192.168.96 shared with your bridge (set in the nm-bridge section of your netplan yaml file). That is why I set that as static there, when there is only one NIC, and it needs to "share it" to make it work. (Explanation to TheFU who was wondering about the why of that.)

If you try to set anything for "en01" in the host section, then the NIC will not share the device and the bridge device will fail.

This type of config works okay for machines like laptop's where there is only a room internally to have one single internal NIC... (But still possible to add an USB Ethernet NIC as a second.) If I have a machine with KVM, and if there is any way to add a second NIC, then I do, and set one with my dedicated Static IP, and the other dedicated as a bridge for KVM.
    Last edited by MAFoElffen; October 26th, 2023 at 10:31 PM.

"Concurrent coexistence of Windows, Linux and UNIX..." || Ubuntu user # 33563, Linux user # 533637
    Sticky: Graphics Resolution | UbuntuForums 'system-info' Script | Posting Guidelines | Code Tags

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Virtual Bridge - Time to Connect

If this is fixed for you... It seems as such... Then you are responsible to mark your thread as solved.

Visit the "Thread Tools" link in the upper right of the first page of a thread, ad mark it as "Solved". This really help other users later who search on answers for their similar problems to see what worked for you.

"Concurrent coexistence of Windows, Linux and UNIX..." || Ubuntu user # 33563, Linux user # 533637
    Sticky: Graphics Resolution | UbuntuForums 'system-info' Script | Posting Guidelines | Code Tags

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123