Thread: Computing Power and Memory Sharing

Beans

Computing Power and Memory Sharing

Is it possible to across 4 Servers and 1 work station that are running Ubuntu server and the 1 work station is running Linux MINT
    to LINK somehow the computing power of all the machines so that they can share processing power and memory and if so how is this done?

Here is my delema any maybe their is an ALT method to fix this but
    I have SEVERAL THOUSANDS OF PICTURES that i have taken over my lifetime that are on hard disks and I am trying to work with them
    and sort them because I was lazy when i took them and did not do it at that time sadly.

When i try to access for example just ONE of these drives a 1TB drive FULL of photos it took all night and when I came back to my office
    I was met with a locked up computer. My computer has 32GB ram and 8Cores. I have 4 2U servers that are just basically sitting idle as far as processing power and memory
    goes and this is why i thought MAYBE i could use them to complete this task if i could harness their power.

Any help would be great. Thank you

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: Computing Power and Memory Sharing

What exactly did you "ask" the PC to do when this happened? Were you just trying to access it? Any error messages seen? Is the disk internal or external? If external, how is it connected? Either way, what is it formatted to?

Beans

Re: Computing Power and Memory Sharing

I was asking the PC to simply FIND all JPG files on the 1 drive. The drive is INTERNAL but not the same drive that has my OS on it.