Page 18 of 75 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast

Thread: Howto: Gyachi - Yahoo! messenger, Webcam, room voice chat, photo sharing

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Howto: Gyachi - Yahoo! messenger, Webcam, room voice chat, photo sharing

Quote Originally Posted by loell View Post
    if you are using flashcam, try executing
    Code:
    flashcamwrap gyachi
    also try this custom v4l2 build http://launchpadlibrarian.net/172630...untu1_i386.deb - no flashcam required.
    that link is boken.. it dnlds a 17kb deb package!

hi can you test this specifically v4l2 compiled package?
    i know you're asking for flashcam, but if this can work, then it won't be needing flashcam.

http://www.mediafire.com/?mjhpsgheqad

feedback appreciated
    i have installed this package on my laptop which has a built in v4l2 cam. now when i try to start my webcam in gyachi it gives the following error mssg

Code:
    gyachi (webcam broadcaster):
    fatal: video format not supported by grab device
    this error messageis different from the ones i was getting with previous, non v4l2 enabled builds.

the terminal shows the following messages when i enable the webcam in gyachi ---

Code:
    $ gyachi
    ctrl 9963779:Hue min:-40 max:40 def:6
    ctrl 9963777:Contrast min:0 max:95 def:20
    ctrl 9963776:Brightness min:-64 max:64 def:-10
    ctrl 9963778:Saturation min:0 max:128 def:80
    ctrl 9963792:Gamma min:72 max:500 def:120

(gyachi-upload:6448): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_widget_set_size_request: assertion `height >= -1' failed
    ps:thanks to everyone who is involved in developing gyachi.. .. i m loving this s/w which runs perfectly on my desktop with voice and webcam).. keep up the gud work!!

<out>

I had been running Gyachi well in Intrepid Ibex 64-bit. However now there is a problem. It just crashed and when I went to reinstall it, it said that libltld3 is not there.

Here is the message from the terminal:

Package libltdl3 is not available, but is referred to by another package.
    This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
    is only available from another source
    E: Package libltdl3 has no installation candidate
    Learning is not attained by chance, it must be sought for with ardor and attended to with diligence. Abigail Adams ( 1744 - 1818 ), 1780;

My blog Poetry and More Free Ubuntu Magazine

Beans

a user PM'd me a few days ago about gyachi hardy 64 , which has exactly the same error, which I completely forgot about.

I've just built a fresh intrepid package in my ppa, i'll statically link the deb from launchpad librarian shortly.

-updated the first page for the intrepid debs..
    Last edited by loell; October 19th, 2008 at 01:12 PM.

Thank you very much for the intrepid package.
    Learning is not attained by chance, it must be sought for with ardor and attended to with diligence. Abigail Adams ( 1744 - 1818 ), 1780;

My blog Poetry and More Free Ubuntu Magazine

Beans

Loell,

You may have seen this (assuming you are the same loell)
    http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.p...orum_id=533966

Same tqft.

Gyachi was building fine until Sunday when I ran previously working update and build script after updating to 8.10 Intrepid (x86_32).

Could you please post here the config option you used for the intrepid build and any tweaks to the make setup you did to get a build working on intrepid
    ghosler has identfied my problem as
    "for whatever reason, the build under your distro is trying to make an executable (which will REQUIRE the "main", from a forced inclusion of crtl.o) when in fact the target of the make is a shared library. "

Other stuff builds fine - built firefox & friends with previously working scripts since the update to Intrepid.

I used your intrepid deb and it worked mostly.

Thanks.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

just my regular support thread for gyachi

About gyachi: Yahoo! client for Linux operating system supports almost all of the features you would expect to find on the official Windows Yahoo! client: Voice chat, webcams, faders, 'nicknames', audibles, avatars, display images, and more

most notable newest feature: Full implementation of Yahoo! Photosharing with drag n drop and pointer

Intrepid packages
    __________________________________________________ _________________
    gyachi 1.1.48 i386.deb

gyachi 1.1.48 amd64.deb
    __________________________________________________ _________________

Download: Gyachi 1.1.48 Deb package for hardy heron

Download: Gyachi 1.1.31 Deb package for gutsy

for v4l2 webcams: you'll have to compile and use http://www.swift-tools.net/Flashcam/
    thanks and credit goes to kung fu buntu for the patch.

64 bit package

Download the 64 bit package Ver. 1.1.48
    note: this package has no room voice chat feature

installing gyachi in 64 bit system with 32 bit package if you want room voice chat
    in your 64 bit system with 32 deb package, install getlibs

then in the terminal,

force to install,
    Code:
    sudo dpkg -i --force-all gyachi_1.1.48-1_i386.deb
    get the 32 bit dependencies
    Code:
    sudo getlibs /usr/bin/gyachi

I tried the intrepid package but voice doesnt seem to work. I can hear everyone in chat but they do not even see me key up on the mic. So i tried to compile it myself and here is the error i got at the end
    Code:
    /usr/lib/gcc/i486-linux-gnu/4.3.2/../../../../lib/crt1.o: In function `_start':
    (.text+0x18): undefined reference to `main'
    collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
    make[2]: *** [libgyachi.so] Error 1
    make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/george/Desktop/gyachi-1.1.48/lib'
    make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/george/Desktop/gyachi-1.1.48'
    make: *** [all] Error 2
    george@george-desktop:~/Desktop/gyachi-1.1.48$
    its calling for some kind of function to main but honestly I have no idea what main is . Im asuming intrepid uses a different version of gcc. I was wondering if anyone had the intrepid gcc ./configure or make comands?
    Ubuntu-4-Life

Affordable Webhosting

www.Global-Web.us

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by rfrayer View Post
    I tried the intrepid package but voice doesnt seem to work. I can hear everyone in chat but they do not even see me key up on the mic. So i tried to compile it myself and here is the error i got at the end
    Code:
    /usr/lib/gcc/i486-linux-gnu/4.3.2/../../../../lib/crt1.o: In function `_start':
    (.text+0x18): undefined reference to `main'
    collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
    make[2]: *** [libgyachi.so] Error 1
    make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/george/Desktop/gyachi-1.1.48/lib'
    make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/george/Desktop/gyachi-1.1.48'
    make: *** [all] Error 2
    george@george-desktop:~/Desktop/gyachi-1.1.48$
    its calling for some kind of function to main but honestly I have no idea what main is . Im asuming intrepid uses a different version of gcc. I was wondering if anyone had the intrepid gcc ./configure or make comands?
    rfrayer - see the link above of mine - I had exactly the same compile problem - unfortunately gyacghi dev(s) can't reproduce the error and so theyc an't fix it.

Quoting ghosler - main gyachi dev
    "for whatever reason, the build under your distro is trying to make an executable (which will REQUIRE the "main", from a forced inclusion of crtl.o) when in fact the target of the make is a shared library.

I cannot begin to guess as to why this is happening, except to say that it looks to me to be a problem with your distribution. It MIGHT be a problem with your setup."

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

hmmm. yeah i ended up just stuffing hardy back on here which kinda blows because intrepid runs great all except for compiling which im sure will be worked out before they do an official release hopefully.

I mean because gyachi has compiled on every other ubuntu distro just fine....

all in all there doing a great job on intrepid i just like to be able to chat in yahoo and hear what people are saying on the mic lol.
    Ubuntu-4-Life

Affordable Webhosting

www.Global-Web.us

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Hello...I have a problem with gyachi in intrepid...In hardy everything was just fine...I cannot receive any files...it simply crashes...The error is:

*** buffer overflow detected ***: gyachi terminated
    ======= Backtrace: =========
    /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libc.so.6(__fortify_fail+0x48)[0xb72a8558]
    /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libc.so.6[0xb72a6680]
    /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libc.so.6[0xb72a5f87]
    /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libc.so.6(__snprintf_chk+0x34)[0xb72a5e74]
    gyachi(yahoo_fxfer_getfile_thread+0xea)[0x811c13a]
    /usr/lib/libglib-2.0.so.0[0xb765102f]
    /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libpthread.so.0[0xb731250f]
    /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libc.so.6(clone+0x5e)[0xb728f7ee]

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by venerix View Post
    Hello...I have a problem with gyachi in intrepid...In hardy everything was just fine...I cannot receive any files...it simply crashes...The error is:

*** buffer overflow detected ***: gyachi terminated
    ======= Backtrace: =========
    /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libc.so.6(__fortify_fail+0x48)[0xb72a8558]
    /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libc.so.6[0xb72a6680]
    /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libc.so.6[0xb72a5f87]
    /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libc.so.6(__snprintf_chk+0x34)[0xb72a5e74]
    gyachi(yahoo_fxfer_getfile_thread+0xea)[0x811c13a]
    /usr/lib/libglib-2.0.so.0[0xb765102f]
    /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libpthread.so.0[0xb731250f]
    /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libc.so.6(clone+0x5e)[0xb728f7ee]

hi, is this the full backtrace of the crash?

Page 18 of 75 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast