Page 58 of 75 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast

Thread: Howto: Gyachi - Yahoo! messenger, Webcam, room voice chat, photo sharing

Beans

Re: Howto: Gyachi - Yahoo! messenger, Webcam, room voice chat, photo sharing

I guess I got my answer as to how long it would last. Excrement!!! Gyachi did let me login the first time, but it would time out, disconnect, and reconnect every few minutes. Even when I have the Ping keep alive set to 1 minute, it still timed out about every 5 min. and then it would not let me login again. Back to the same error again. I really need some help with this.

xeddog

Beans

I for one, doesn't have any idea why that is..

as a rule of thumb, when everything gets weird too much in a box, i always do a clean install.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

I am having the same issue. This f5.yahoofs.com error message pops up when I log in, and then it disables the pop-ups and freezes it. Very strange...if anyone finds this one post it without delay!

Beans

I for one, doesn't have any idea why that is..

as a rule of thumb, when everything gets weird too much in a box, i always do a clean install.
    I have tried a clean install unless you are talking about a clean install of Ubuntu itself. If so, then let me just add this. When I got this new machine and installed Jaunty, the very first application I installed was Gyachi. I don't remember for certain which version it was but I think it was 1.2.1, and I have had this problem from the very start. But ONLY on this new I7-920 machine. I have never had any problems with Gyachi on my older P-4 machines.

The other thing that gets me is why does Gyachi work ok on this machine when I use a different userid?!?!?

Anyway, I (we) would appreciate anything you can do for me (us).

xeddog

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by buckeyered80 View Post
    I am having the same issue. This f5.yahoofs.com error message pops up when I log in, and then it disables the pop-ups and freezes it. Very strange...if anyone finds this one post it without delay!
    When I open 'gyachi' all is good for about 5 seconds and then little messege box telling me it can't connect and an address. Then it freezes and have difficult time and either it closes eventually or force quit. This is happening on both my Karmic partitions (32 & 64 bit) & my Jaunty partition as well.
    Actually 'xeddog' has described the login/connection issue very well.
    Benn running excellent for quite awhile until a few days ago.
    Thanks for any help/solution you may come up with 'loell'
    Last edited by DougieFresh4U; August 20th, 2009 at 04:31 AM.
    (Was)Windows Free At Last
    "May You Have A Safe Trip and A Successful Journey"
    Linux user #432153 Ubuntu user #8521

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Exclamation Re: Howto: Gyachi - Yahoo! messenger, Webcam, room voice chat, photo sharing

I'll eventually get around to some troubleshooting on this and see what this server is and what it is trying to pull from it. It can't be the main connection server...they just changed that. It seems I can't connect to Yahoo through Pidgin anymore either. Is Yahoo fooling around with their servers again?

Beans

Suddenly...I can log in again. I tried it 4 times in a row, no problems whatsoever.
    It feels a little like a traffic jam on a motorway...suddenly traffic jam clears...and you're happy it's gone, but also left with a slight feeling of frustration - all this trouble was caused by...nothing at all?

Beans

Angry Re: Howto: Gyachi - Yahoo! messenger, Webcam, room voice chat, photo sharing

Today: Back to the traffic jam - same old log in problem and cannot connect to server ad nauseum

Beans

might have something to do with the region your living in?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by loell View Post
    might have something to do with the region your living in?
    Nope! - Because on the same desktop I can log in just fine through pidgin, Empathy, Kopete and even the yahoo messenger in windows when i boot it. I can also log into another yahoo account using gyachi. I can log in to both yahoo accounts using gyachi on my laptop instead of the desktop.

...besides, this a very nice region

Page 58 of 75 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast