Page 66 of 75 FirstFirst ... 16566465666768 ... LastLast

Thread: Howto: Gyachi - Yahoo! messenger, Webcam, room voice chat, photo sharing

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Re: Howto: Gyachi - Yahoo! messenger, Webcam, room voice chat, photo sharing

Quote Originally Posted by justborn View Post
    i'm on Karmic,i installed the latest version of Gyache-Improved v1.2.2 from the loell repos.webcam chat works,thats not a probo.

but voice chat doesn't,i did install the voicecaht -plugin also ,but still it doesn't .i tried sending and receiving voice chat invitation,it jus dosen't work.i get the VOICE ENABLEDnotification on the screen but it does no good.

and instead of receiving voice from the other end ,they are packed into voice-mails and i get it in ma mailbox.(tried with different users <who use YM! 8&9> on the other end,so i am sure the know how to voice chat.)

do i need someother plugin(s)or encoder/decoder essentials?
    i did replace the voicechat plugin ,wid jus win32 codecs,and also tried both alsa and pulse-audio setting ,but nothing works,help me.....

if GyachI had proper documentation,i would have had ma way by now.
    Last edited by justborn; December 13th, 2009 at 07:36 PM.

Beans

voice chat only works in rooms, could you be looking for
    (Yahoo Voice)TM and not Voice chat?

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by loell View Post
    voice chat only works in rooms, could you be looking for
    (Yahoo Voice)TM and not Voice chat?
    i know that,and i tried it in rooms only wid 10+ ppl.

Beans
    Distro

loell,jus reminding u.

v4l2 is already complied for karmic ppa packages,but there is no documentation abt that too(not even a small note),neither on the gyachi homepage or on launchpad.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by justborn View Post
    loell,jus reminding u.

v4l2 is already complied for karmic ppa packages,but there is no documentation abt that too(not even a small note),neither on the gyachi homepage or on launchpad.
    where? it's not probably on my PPA, gyachi is built with libv4l by default.

Beans

Well, it was good while it lasted. I had 4 days of being able to use scs.msg.yahoo.com, but today I am unable to login to it again. I guess I will have to start using a different IM client.

xeddog

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by xeddog View Post
    Well, it was good while it lasted. I had 4 days of being able to use scs.msg.yahoo.com, but today I am unable to login to it again. I guess I will have to start using a different IM client.

xeddog
    I am able to connect and recieve messages but I cannot send out messages. With gyachi. I am using 1.1.48 but that is due to I am on 8.04. I like the program but if I am unable to use it I guess I will have to use pidgin. Which I am able to send and recieve just fine.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Im trying to install it but I get

~$ sudo apt-get install gyachi
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree
    Reading state information... Done
    E: Couldn't find package gyachi

I had saved it to my Home Folder. Where should it go? Im using Ubuntu 9.04

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

It's a .deb file, isn't it?
    You ought to be able to right click on it and install, or open with package manager, or something along those lines.
    (not in front of a Linux box atm...)
    (Master be/fe) ASUS P5KPL IPC, E5400, KVR800D2N6K2/2G, 8500GT, (2)PVR-150, A180, ATSC-115, U10.04, MythTV 0.23-fixes.

Beans

i'm reiterating my problems getting the logitech webcam pro 9000 to work under debian lenny i386 and applying the patch to 1.22 in debian and also adding that i'm not able to get the signing key in ubuntu karmic. requesting it in terminal times out and i can't access its webpage from your ppa webpage.

Page 66 of 75 FirstFirst ... 16566465666768 ... LastLast