Page 69 of 75 FirstFirst ... 19596768697071 ... LastLast

Thread: Howto: Gyachi - Yahoo! messenger, Webcam, room voice chat, photo sharing

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Howto: Gyachi - Yahoo! messenger, Webcam, room voice chat, photo sharing

Quote Originally Posted by loell View Post
    there is now a fix, it's v 1.2.4

if you're in karmic, use this PPA repo

https://launchpad.net/~baudm/+archive/ppa/+packages

or just sudo add-apt-repository ppa:baudm
    Will there be an update for Jaunty?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

loell,

It seems I faulted Gyachi wrongly. I unplugged my cam to took it to one of my other 9.10 'puters and it works fine. I have borked my main system somehow (and it's a fairly new install).

I tested and I can't pull in ANY video from the cam using any apps. It was working just fine a couple of weeks ago with cheese and others, but now nothing.

Any clue how to star trouble shooting this? I really don't want to reinstall if I can get around it.

TIA

PS, can you throw those mencoder commands at me again please. This version looks like it's been re-enabled. It captured perfectly and I'd like to make use of it. Thanks.
    Mac Pro 5,1 6-Core 3.33GHz, 48GB, Sapphire RX580
    Optical -- Apple Super Drive & MCE Internal Blu-ray
    512GB SM 970 Pro NVMe/HighPoint 7101A/10.14.5
    SonnetAllegro Pro USB 3/ 4TB WD/4TB - Barracuda

Beans

i've downloaded and installed GYachE Improved v.1.2.1 on Ubuntu 8.1.. Everytime I try to login, it says that I have an incorrect username/password. I've checked, double checked, and triple checked my login info and even logged in to Yahoo.com with the info and it worked there. Any advice? I've Tried Pidgin (same problem) and Kopete (same problem)
    Last edited by tankboy138; February 9th, 2010 at 03:27 PM.

Beans

Empathy works fine, but gyachi on ubuntu no longer works with certain passwords for some reason even though yahoo IM and the webmail work fine (so it's not a yahoo issue). On the same machines with diff userid/passwords gyachi still works. I would consider the package somewhat broken currently and suggest you try to find other means of connecting.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by crjackson View Post
    loell,

It seems I faulted Gyachi wrongly. I unplugged my cam to took it to one of my other 9.10 'puters and it works fine. I have borked my main system somehow (and it's a fairly new install).

I tested and I can't pull in ANY video from the cam using any apps. It was working just fine a couple of weeks ago with cheese and others, but now nothing.

Any clue how to star trouble shooting this? I really don't want to reinstall if I can get around it.

TIA

PS, can you throw those mencoder commands at me again please. This version looks like it's been re-enabled. It captured perfectly and I'd like to make use of it. Thanks.
    probably a module that handles your webcam had berserk with that machine, or something had trip off somewhere, module related.

do you still have the python script, i gave you, probably a year ago? i still have to sort through my scripts, see if it's their or on another disk that i already detached, i'll just let you know.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Gnome

Quote Originally Posted by needhelppeeps View Post
    Empathy works fine, but gyachi on ubuntu no longer works with certain passwords for some reason even though yahoo IM and the webmail work fine (so it's not a yahoo issue). On the same machines with diff userid/passwords gyachi still works. I would consider the package somewhat broken currently and suggest you try to find other means of connecting.
    Now who would have thought that....

I changed my password and I realize that it was the special character that was doing funny things.

Thanks a ton.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by loell View Post
    probably a module that handles your webcam had berserk with that machine, or something had trip off somewhere, module related.

do you still have the python script, i gave you, probably a year ago? i still have to sort through my scripts, see if it's their or on another disk that i already detached, i'll just let you know.
    I'm looking for the script. Everything has been upgraded since then so I'm not sure. I've got 12 machines to search through.
    Mac Pro 5,1 6-Core 3.33GHz, 48GB, Sapphire RX580
    Optical -- Apple Super Drive & MCE Internal Blu-ray
    512GB SM 970 Pro NVMe/HighPoint 7101A/10.14.5
    SonnetAllegro Pro USB 3/ 4TB WD/4TB - Barracuda

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Hey, guys. I'm trying to encode the captured .jpg's from my webcam. I posted the script I think you guys were looking for, but it doesn't seem to be working for me. I ran it in the terminal to see the problems, but I'm not sure what it means.

Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks.

Cheers,
    stevo
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Kernel Linux 3.2.0-23-generic, MEMORY: 4Gb, PROCESSOR: AMD Athlon II X4 Quad Core Processor,
    VIDEO: GeForce 8600GT

Beans

Is anyone else experiencing problems with the users buddy images?

When you start a private message with a buddy, does it always shows their buddy image?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

This fix works excellently
    "There is no failure, just ways that don't work" And when this is realized, people are much happier in life because if they stop trying, they fail as to give up. If people take this approach in life, they will never ever fail"

Page 69 of 75 FirstFirst ... 19596768697071 ... LastLast