Thread: error 6 in IcedTeaPlugin.so

Beans

error 6 in IcedTeaPlugin.so

hi,

Yesterday I upgrade my Ubuntu 10.04 to 10.10....this upgrade finished on my Toshiba laptop without any problem until I wanted to start Chrome....nothing happened.....My Firefox is still working. I also installed Chromium but that didn't work either.There is no screen opening, only two errors in my messages log:

1: Oct 13 09:51:23 laptop kernel: [ 1259.430944] lo: Disabled Privacy Extensions

2: Oct 13 09:51:24 laptop kernel: [ 1260.600425] chrome[6914]: segfault at 11acbf2 ip 01924cec sp b65add80 error 6 in IcedTeaPlugin.so[191d000+2e000]

Every time I try to start Chrome....this error messages appear in the log. It looks a bit like some Java error....I reinstalled Java and Chrome several times but without any luck....Since my knowledge of these things is limited...I would appreciate some help form you

Thx
    greetings
    Luppo

Beans
    Distro
    Hardy Heron (Ubuntu Development)

Re: error 6 in IcedTeaPlugin.so

I have the same error on a clean installation of Maverick.

Beans

I had the same problem. After upgrade from Ubuntu 10.4 to 10.10 Google Chrome stop starting. I had the same messages in the log about IcedTeaPlugin.so plugin. I try to find the solution and when remove "icedtea-6-plugin" with Synaptic, Chrome start successfully.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by pa4ito View Post
    I had the same problem. After upgrade from Ubuntu 10.4 to 10.10 Google Chrome stop starting. I had the same messages in the log about IcedTeaPlugin.so plugin. I try to find the solution and when remove "icedtea-6-plugin" with Synaptic, Chrome start successfully.

Thanks pa4ito...that was a great suggestion.....Chrome works again

greetings
    Luppo

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Code:
    sudo apt-get remove icedtea6-plugin